Special Book and Clothing Collection

The Social Service Committee will make this week a special collection of text-books for the new loan library in Phillips Brooks House, and also a collection of clothing and magazines. The arrangements are as follows: the dormitories will not be canvassed, but one man in each building will receive all articles men may have to give, the collector's name to be posted today in each entry. Men who have things to give are requested to deliver them at the room of their dormitory collector either today or tomorrow. On Wednesday morning a wagon will make the round of the dormitories and collect all the articles received.

Men who have text-books which they will not use any longer are especially asked to give them for the new library, which is designed to benefit poor students. The other books and magazines will be forwarded to light-houses, sailors' havens, hospitals, etc., and the clothing will be sent to trustworthy charitable agencies.

Residents in private houses who wish to contribute are asked to send word today by postal to C. Woodman '07, Phillips Brooks House.