BASEBALL WITH BROWN

On Soldiers Field at 3.30.-Greene to Pitch.-Encouraging Practice of Team.

The University baseball nine will play Brown at Providence this afternoon at 3.45 o'clock.

As the game at Cambridge scheduled for May 18 was cancelled on account of rain, this is the only game that Harvard with play with Brown this season. The Brown team has been erratic in its work this year owing to its entire re-organization. Although it has played at times extremely poor ball, as in the two games against Yale on April 21 and May 9, when it was defeated by scores of 19 to 1 and 10 and 1 respectively, it has at other times played very well, defeating Princeton on April 25 by a score of 7 to 3 and Dartmouth on May 4, 1 to 0. On May 21 the team won from Exeter, 2 to 0, in a well contested game, and last Saturday held Yale down to a score of 3 to 0.

The practice of the University team yesterday was long and hard, but not very sharp as the men were careless in their play. Coburn will pitch this afternoon.

The batting order: Harvard.  Brown. Greenough, r.f.  2b., Dickenson Stephenson, c.  3b., Hoye Fischel, l.f.  c.f., Wells Clarkson, c.f.  p., Tift Matthews, s.s.  s.s., Jones Carr, 3b.  c., Smith Kernan, 2b.  l.f., Keen Randall, 1b.  1b., Elrod Coburn, p.  r.f., Ostby