University Reception in Union

The annual University Reception will be held this evening in the Union at 8.30 o'clock. Invitations have been sent to members of the Corporation, the Board of Overseers, the visiting committees, and the officers of instruction and government with their families, and it is expected that about 300 people will be present. There will be no special guests at the reception. Professor and Mrs. Kuehnemann will be present, but not until late in the evening.

The patronesses are Mrs. C. W. Eliot, Mrs. J. B. Ames, Mrs. G. L. Goodale and Mrs. C. H. Toy. Mrs. Eliot and Mrs. Goodale will be unable to receive.

The arrangements of the reception are similar to those of last year. The patronesses, assisted by Mrs. F. C. Lowell, Mrs. W. T. Councilman, and Mrs. J. J. Storrow, will receive in the Living Room of the Union from 8.30 o'clock until 9.30 o'clock. Supper will be served in the Dining Room from 9.30 o'clock to 11 o'clock, and there will be dancing in the Periodical Room from 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock. Entrance to the reception will be by the East Door.

The following ushers will assist at the reception: Messrs. K. G. T. Webster '93, J. L. Coolidge '95, R. W. Coues '95; Dr. P. A. Hutchinson '98, F. W. C. Hersey '99, W. R. Castle '00, L. Lewis '01, J. A. Field '03, A. Brooks '05, H. A. Bellows '06, T. M. Adams, and C. M. Stearns.

The reception is in charge of the board of managers of the University Receptions, of which Professor E. Wambaugh '76 is chairman; Professor G. H. Chase '96, secretary; and Dr. A. M. Tozzer '00, treasurer. The arrangements are in charge of the executive committee of the Board, composed of the above officers and Dean L. B. R. Briggs '75, Professor W. R. Spalding '87, and Professor W. S. Burke.

Changes in Union Hours Today.

Because of the reception, the dining hour in the Union tonight will last only from 5.30 to 7.30 o'clock, and the Union will be cleared of members by 8 o'clock. The main entrance will be locked at 8, and only those invited to the reception will be admitted at the East Door. The game, periodical, and writing rooms will be closed throughout the day and no tea will be served this afternoon.