NO SCRIMMAGE YESTERDAY

Football Candidates Had Light Work--Many Regulars Laid Off

Yesterday there was no regular scrimmage and most of the time was devoted to elementary work. Every one had practice in tackling runners, the coaches and substitutes carrying the ball. Great improvement was shown in this department. Later on, the first eleven lined up against a team of substitutes and went through some plays very slowly, with careful attention to details. Squires has been doing light work and will probably be able to play in a few days. Several former players were out, among them J. Lawrence '01, who coached White and Parker in goal kicking.

The practice of the University football team will be open for a part of the time this afternoon, beginning at about 4.45 o'clock. There will be a scrimmage of two 15-minute halves. Guild and Peirce may be in the line-up.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. O'Brien, Bartels, l.e.  r.e., Hurd Brill, l.t.  r.t., Spear Burr, l.g.  r.g., McFadon White, c.  c., Cunniff Kersberg, r.g.  l.g., Peirce Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Fultz Macdonald, r.e.  l.e., Whitman Starr, q.b.  q.b., Newhall Leonard, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Lincoln Nesmith, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Foster Carr, f.b.  f.b., Davy