WILLIAMS TODAY

Williams is Strong.--No Scrimmage for University Yesterday.

The University football team will play against Williams for its fourth game in the Stadium this afternoon at 3 o'clock. Last year Williams was the first team on the Harvard schedule and was only defeated by the small score of 7 to 0. Their team this year is composed of heavy line men and fast backs, and the hardest game the University team has played so far is expected.

Forster, who played in part of the last game, will begin today at left end on the University team in place of Kennard, who has a lame thigh. Forster was right tackle and captain of the Freshman eleven last year, but he proved too light for a University tackle this year, and so has been playing end. He has shown up very well in practice and also did well in the Bates game. Nourse is expected to go in ahead of Grant at centre today. Fish will go into the game at right tackle. The team otherwise will play as on Wednesday. The team has had no scrimmage since Wednesday, and therefore little can be forecasted on its improvement in playing ability.

The line-up of the teams will be as follows: HARVARD.  WILLIAMS. Forster, l.e.  r.e., D. Brown Burr, l.t.  l.t., Bargfrecke Parker, l.g.  r.g., Reid Nourse, Grant, c.  c., Morse Peirce, r.g.  l.g., Harter Fish, r.t.  l.t., Swain Bird, r.e.  l.e., Elder Newhall, q.b.  q.b., Williams Lockwood, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Lament Rand, r.h.b.  l.h.b., C. Brown Brennan, f.b.  f.b., Robb

Cheering Section at the Game.

This afternoon, for the first time this year, a section of the Stadium will be roped off for a cheering section. Only holders of H. A. A. tickets and undergraduates holding season tickets will be admitted to this section, which will be on the 40-yard line. The cheering this afternoon will be led by G. G. Ball '08.

Football Practice Yesterday.

There was no scrimmage for the University football squad yesterday afternoon for the second day in succession. The usual preliminary drill consisting mainly of work in the forward pass was held, however. Rand, Starr, Butt, Gilbert, Lockwood and Cutting were given particularly long practice in forward passing. A new formation in receiving the kick-off was tried with Burr in the fullback's position in front of the goal posts. In case Burr caught the ball he made a return punt from about the 20-yard line. If any other player caught the kick-off the ball was run back as usual.

Kennard who has not reported for practice since Tuesday on account of his lameness was out yesterday. He was not in the signal practice but ran a number of laps around the field. A 10-minute scrimmage was held between the second team and substitutes, in which the second scored a safety.

Cheering Section at the Game.

Football Practice Yesterday.