Exeter Won Game With Second Team

The University second team was defeated by Phillips Exeter Academy at Exeter Saturday afternoon by the score of 11 to 0. The second team was kept on the defensive most of the time, but once in the second half reached Exeter's 15-yard line, where the ball was lost on downs. The feature of the game was the playing of Lewis, who ran back a kick-off 40 yards and later ran 35 yards for a touchdown after intercepting a forward pass.

In the first half, with a substitute backfield, Exeter would have scored except for a fumble on the second team's 1-yard line. At the end of the half the ball was in Exeter's possession on the 10-yard line. The second half was even more in Exeter's favor, for, with its regular backfield, it ripped up the second team's line, scored two touchdowns and a goal, and was on the way to another touchdown when time was called.

The summary:

Score--Exeter, 11; Harvard Second, 0. Touchdowns--Lewis, 2. Goal from touchdown--Lewis. Umpire--R. C. Stevenson. Referee--F. C. Polner. Time--20-minute halves. HARVARD SECOND.  EXETER. Beard, Roosevelt, Blair, r.e.  l.e., Bertolet Comstock, r.t.  l.t., Thomas Morris, r.g.  l.g., Wilson Dore, c.  c., Downing West, l.g.  r.g., Power Gilbert, l.t.  r.t., Emschwitz, Selden McGillicuddy, Beard, l.e.  r.e., Baker, Boylan Galatti, q.b.  q.b., Sharon, Loftus Grosvenor, Harding, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Dunn, Burns Gilder, Blair, Cate, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Smith, Ross Gray, Somes, f.b.  f.b., MacEy, Lewis