FIRST FOOTBALL GAME

Six of Last Year's University Team Will Play.--Yesterday's Practice.

The University football team will play the first game of the season against Bowdoin in the Stadium at 4 o'clock this afternoon. Last year Bowdoin was defeated by the score of 10 to 0, a goal from placement and a touchdown being scored. Only four men who played against Harvard last year will play today. Apollonio will play fullback in place of Wendell, who will probably be unable to play until after the hour examinations on account of scholarship difficulties.

The line-up of the teams will be: HARVARD.  BOWDOIN. Kennard, l.e.  r.e., Crowley Hoar, l.t.  r.t., Cummins Burr, l.g.  r.g., Sewall Parker, c.  c., Boynton Peirce, r.g.  l.g., Newman Robinson, r.t.  l.t., Haley Macdonald, r.e.  l.e., Wandthke Newhall, q.b.  q.b., Gould Lockwood, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Lee Gilbert, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Files Apollonio, f.b.  f.b., Shehan

The officials for the game today will be:

Referee--J. P. Pendleton, Bowdoin.

Umpire--W. H. Langford, Trinity.

Field Judge--F. Burleigh, Exeter.

First Practice in Stadium This Year.

The practice yesterday consisted of a 15-minute scrimmage between the University eleven and substitutes, the practice being held in the Stadium for the first time this year. The ball was kept near the middle of the field throughout most of the scrimmage. The single touchdown was made by Apollonio after the ball had repeatedly changed hands in its course down the field. Forward passes were tried continually, but, with two exceptions, the ball was either secured by the opposing team or recovered on a fumble. The first successful forward pass netted eight yards for the substitutes and the other was a beautiful throw of 25 yards.

The teams lined up at first as follows: UNIVERSITY ELEVEN.  SUBSTITUTES. M. C. Peirce, l.e.  r.e., Fall Hoar, l.t.  r.t., Comstock Burr, l.g.  r.g., Coburn Parker, c.  c., Dore W. Peirce, r.g.  l.g., Plumb Robinson, r.t.  l.t., Forster Macdonald, r.e.  l.e., Moore Newhall, q.b.  q.b., Galatti Lockwood, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Brennan Gilbert, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Blumer Apollonio, f.b.  f.b., Gray

The following new men reported: F. Cutting '09, halfback; J. E. McGillcuddy '09, end; J. L. Merrill '10, quarterback.

Referee--J. P. Pendleton, Bowdoin.

Umpire--W. H. Langford, Trinity.

Field Judge--F. Burleigh, Exeter.

First Practice in Stadium This Year.