Brown Seconds Win, 20-6

The game between the University second team and the Brown seconds, played in the Stadium on Saturday, was very one-sided, the final score being 20 to 6. Few of the men who represented the second team against Andover and Exeter were in the line-up, while the Brown team was an unusually strong aggregation.

The game was loosely played, and the heavy Brown line plowed through the Harvard team for long gains. Even when the second team got the ball, it was unable to gain its distance. The most noticeable feature of the game was Hadden's breaking through and blocking Rankin's punt on Brown's 50-yard line, recovering the ball and running down the field for a touchdown. The best playing for Brown was done by Jarvis, Smith and Captain Rankin.

The line-up was as follows: HARVARD 2ND.  BROWN 2ND. McGillicuddy, Cooper, r.e.  l.e., Stagg, Curtis Jones, r.t.  l.t., Smith Plumb, r.g.  l.g., Glynn, Brigham Hadden, c.  c., Sisson Ver Wiebe, l.g.  r.g., Wilson Fisher, l.t.  r.t., Jordan, High Rodgers, l.e.  r.e., Chase Cate, Witmer, q.b.  q.b., Jarvis, Winslow Page, Gregory, r.h.b.  l.h.b., MacKay Conroy, White, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Young Somes, f.b.  f.b., Rankin

Score--Brown 2nd, 20; Harvard 2nd, 6. Touchdowns--Rankin 2, MacKay, Hadden. Goal from the field--Rankin. Goals from touchdowns--Young, Jones. Referee -- Palmer. Umpire--Short. Field Judge -- Andrews. Linesmen -- McNeil and Blanchard. Time--20 and 15-minute halves.