GAME WITH SPRINGFIELD

Cheering Section Open to H. A. A. Ticket Holders Only.

The University football team will play its sixth game of the season with Springfield Training School in the Stadium at 3 o'clock this afternoon. Springfield was defeated by Yale on October 9 by the score of 17 to 0, and, although out-classed. In other departments of the game, got off some excellent forward passes in the second half. Through their lighter line and around their ends, Yale was able to gain pretty steadily, the latter, however, were able to run back kicks for a total gain of about 300 yards. Last year the University team defeated Springfield 44 to 0.

A cheering section will be reserved on the 45-yard line at the Springfield game today, open to H. A. A. ticket holders only. All men are urged to occupy these seats for organized cheering.

There is a chance that Parker will not be able to play today on account of his lame back and a cold. In case he has not sufficiently recovered, Hoar will fill his position. Starr and Nourse will play in place of Newhall and Grant at quarterback and centre respectively. Newhall has not entirely recovered from his lame thigh and will not play at all. Grant will probably be substituted for Nourse centre in the second half. The teams will line up as follows: HARVARD.  SPRINGFIELD. Macdonald, l.e.  r.e., Bailey Burr, l.t.  r.t., Helmen Parker, Hoar, l.g.  r.g., Cook Nourse, c.  c., Briggs W. Peirce, r.g.  l.g., Howard Fish, r.t.  l.t., McGuire Bird, r.e.  l.e., Crispin Starr, q.b.  q.b., Honhart Butt, l.h.b.  r.h.b., McCulloch Rand, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Colton Apollonio, f.b.  f.b., Jones

The regular University team held only a light practice yesterday, consisting of punting by the backs and running through signals. A short scrimmage was held between the University substitutes and the second eleven in which the former scored one touchdown. There was lots of careless fumbling and it was not until the last few minutes of play that the University substitutes had the advantage. They rushed the ball down to the second's 5-yard line, but there lost it on a fumble. The second punted to Wendell, who ran back 15 yards to the 15-yard line, and after a few plays, Wendell made the touchdown through right tackle. The teams lined up as follows: UNIVERSITY-SUBSTITUTES  SECOND TEAM. Forster, l.e.  r.e., Cooper Kennard, l.t.  r.t., Jones Hadden, l.g.  r.g., Coburn Grant, c.  c., Dore Forchheimer, r.g.  l.g., Ver Wiebe Inches, r.t.  l.t., Fisher Houston, r.e.  l.e., Rodgers Gilder, q.b.  q.b., Cate Wendell, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Blair Butt, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Harding Blumer, f.b.  f.b., White