Yale Overwhelms Villanova 44-0

The game between Yale and Villanova, last Saturday, was very one-sided, Yale scoring eight touchdowns and four goals, for a total of 44 points while Villanova failed to score. Villanova's attempts at an open game were completely spoiled by the excellent work of the Yale ends. Brides, in particular, who has recently been moved from guard to end, put up a remarkable defensive game.

The result of the game tends to show the success of the recent changes in the Yale line-up to meet the attack of a light, fast team. Cooney was much more effective at guard, while Congdon filled the centre position well. Dines played a good game at quarterback in place of T. Jones, who was kept out of the line-up. Coy, as usual, was the star of the backfield, and his punting and running back of kicks was splendid.

The score of 45-0 which appeared in the Sunday papers was incorrect, as only four goals were kicked.

The summary: YALE.  VILLANOVA. Brides, l.e.  r.e., Walsh Paige, Foster, l.t.  r.t., Moore Cooney, l.g.  r.g., Buckmiller Congdon, c.  c., Buckley, Smith Goebel, r.g.  l.g., Casey Biglow, r.t.  l.t., Curley H. Jones, Alcott, r.e.  l.e., Daniels Dines, Bingham, q.b.  q.b., Kane, Russell Philbin, Murphy, l.h.b.  r.h.b., McGinn, Gordon Bomar, Berger, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Sevin Coy, f.b.  f.b., Barr

Score--Yale 44, Villanova 0. Touchdowns--Bomar 2, Coy 2, Brides, Berger, Alcott, Murphy. Goals from touchdowns--Biglow 4. Umpire--Young of Cornell. Referee--Dennison of Penn. Linesman--Dewitt Cochrane of Yale. Time--25 and 20-minute halves.