BOTH TEAMS SCORE ONCE

In Scrimmage Yesterday.--Parker Plays Again.--Starr at Halfback.

The University Football team was given a 25-minute scrimmage yesterday afternoon with the second eleven in a driving rain, each team scoring one touchdown. There were many fumbles on both sides, owing to the slippery ball; but the second gradually lost ground to the 25-yard line, from where the first's touchdown was made by Apollonio after a series of line plays. The second team scored at the end of the scrimmage. After holding the University team for downs on the latter's 20-yard line, they gained three yards through guard, but fumbled on the next play, and lost the ball. The first failed to gain its distance and it was the second's ball on downs. Two line plays were then tried without gain, and on the forward pass which followed the first was penalized 15 yards for holding. This put the ball on the 5-yard line, from where White took it over the line.

The preliminary practice consisted of the usual punting, running down under punts, and breaking through by the line-men. Coach Graves took charge of the line and gave them a stiff drill in defensive work. Instead of giving his entire attention to one man as on Monday, he coached the whole line, with regard to the manner in which they should work together. Burr, Fish and Parker received especial attention. Starr was transferred from quarterback to halfback for a part of the scrimmage. There is a pressing need of backs at present on account of the number of men laid up with injuries and Starr was considered a possible candidate for halfback.

The teams lined up as follows: UNIVERSITY ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. M. C. Peirce, l.e.  r.e., Cooper, Page Burr, Kennard, l.t.  r.t., Robinson Parker, Brook, l.g.  r.g., Davis Grant, Nourse, Plumb, c.  c., Dore W. Peirce, r.g.  l.g., Ver Wiebe Fish, Butt, r.t.  l.t., M. Gilbert Macdonald, r.e.  l.e., Beard, Houston, Rodgers Starr, Gilder, q.b.  q.b., Galatti Wendell, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Conroy Rand, Starr, A. Gilbert, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Colton Apollonio, Waterbury, f.b.  f.b., White