1911, 6; DEAN ACADEMY, 0

Freshmen Won in Last Few Minutes.--Outplayed in First Half.

The Freshman football team gained its second victory of the season Saturday afternoon on Soldiers Field by defeating Dean Academy, 6 to 0. The two teams were very evenly matched and the game was closely contested, Harvard's touchdown coming in the last minute of play in the second half.

In the first half the Freshmen were slightly outplayed, and the ball was in their territory most of the time. Dean worked the forward pass very successfully, and gained consistently through the line. Cutler's punting, however, was of great help to the Freshmen, and was chiefly instrumental in keeping the ball from their goal line.

In the second half, Harvard took a brace, and a punting duel resulted between Grant and Minot, who had taken Cutler's place. The last three minutes of play furnished the sensation of the game. After the Freshmen had received the ball on a punt on their own ten-yard line, Minot made a long forward pass to Crowley, who carried the ball to Dean's 15-yard line. Another forward pass was tried, and Minot recovered the ball, on the four-yard line. On the next play Minot carried it over the line.

Minot, Crowley and Pope excelled for the Freshmen; and Dutton and Grant for the visitors.

The summary: HARVARD 1911.  DEAN ACADEMY. Corbett, l.e.  r.e., Raferty, Griffin Harding, l.t.  r.t., Hagerty Dunlap, l.g.  r.g., Walden Smith, c.  c., Fairbanks Barber, r.g.  l.g., Atkins Oveson, r.t.  l.t., Secoy Crowley, r.e.  l.e., Daley Davis, Johnson, q.b.  q.b., Way Jowett, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Vance Pope, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Dutton Cutler, Minot, f.b.  f.b., Grant

Score--Harvard 1911, 6; Dean Academy, 0. Touchdown--Minot. Goal--Dunlap. Referee--Orr. Umpire--Short. Field Judge--Bonney. Timers--Scudder and Seagur. Linesmen--Clark and Culhane. Time--15-minute halves.