WENDELL BACK IN THE GAME

University Team Scored Four Touch-downs.--Improvement in Attack.

The University eleven was given a hard 35-minute scrimmage with the second team yesterday afternoon, and scored four touchdowns against them. Wendell, who was taken off probation at the meeting of the Administrative Board Monday, was in the scrimmage and scored two of the first team's touch-downs. He has been on probation since the opening of the College year, but the grades obtained in the recent hour examinations warranted his being placed in regular standing again. He will be able to play in the two remaining games of the season and his presence should strengthen the team greatly both on the offense and the defense.

The attack of the University team showed great power. At times they were held by the second for short gains, but they were not once held for downs, and frequently broke through the second's line for substantial gains. Starr and Moore, ends on the second team, made some pretty tackles, but aside from their work the tackling was neither fierce nor low enough.

M. Gilbert kicked off to the University team and after a couple of line plays, Burr punted to Galatti, who ran back 10 yards. Several exchanges of punts then followed, during which Starr's excellent tackling showed up. Finally the first team got the ball to the second's 50-yard line, from where the prettiest play of the scrimmage was executed. Wendell took the ball and ran 10 yards around right end. Just as he was tackled he passed the ball to Rand, who ran the remaining 40 yards for a touch-down.

After the next kick-off, the University eleven rushed the ball down to the second's 1-yard line, where they lost it on a fumble. The second punted and Moore downed Newhall in his tracks. By means of line plays, the first rushed the ball back to the second's goal line, Wendell scoring on a tandem play through right tackle.

Burr returned Gilbert's kick-off with a punt, and Fish recovered Galatti's fumble for a 70-yard gain. Another kick was recovered on the second's 2-yard line, from where Rand scored through tackle. Wendell scored the final touch-down after breaking through tackle for a 50-yard run to the second's goal.

The teams lined up as follows: UNIVERSITY ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Bird, Browne, l.e.  r.e., Moore, Miller Burr, Hadden, l.t.  r.t., Comstock Hoar, l.g.  r.g., Morris Grant, Nourse, c.  c., Dore Brock, W. Peirce, r.g.  l.g., Ver Wiebe Fish, Inches, r.t.  l.t., Gilbert Houston, C. Peirce, r.e.  l.e., Starr, Rodgers Newhall, Starr, q.b.  q.b., Galatti Wendell, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Butt Rand, Lockwood, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Gray, White Apollonio, Blumer, f.b.  f.b., Somes