New Arrangement of Library in Phillips Brooks House

The four libraries belonging to the Christian Association, the St. Paul's Society, the Social Service Committee, and the Religious Union have been joined into one library, which will be kept in the Randall Room of Phillips Brooks House. The collection of books thus formed will contain about 800 volumes, contributed as follows by the four societies: 350 from the Christian Association; and 150 each from the St. Paul's Society, the Social Service Committee, and the Religious Union. Each of the books will be marked with the book plate of the society to which it formerly belonged, so that in case it ever becomes desirable to separate the collection again the books may be easily identified.

About 150 of the books which are most used in the dormitory and Phillips Brooks House Bible study courses have been reserved in a separate book case in the Randall Room and will be withdrawn from outside circulation, while all the rest may be drawn out by signing a card at the office. A new card index of the whole collection is in course of preparation, which will greatly facilitate the use of the books.