Another Enthusiastic Demonstration

The third football mass meeting of the year was held last night in the Living Room of the Union.

Coach Crane who was the first speaker said that he was disappointed in the results of the last two games, but that they were only stepping-stones to the Yale game when the University team would play their hardest and make Yale know that she had been through a real game. We are in a position now where we have everything to win and nothing to lose. Yale gave an example last Saturday of winning a game on pure "sand," and she also showed, in the first half that she can be beaten. Coach Crane expressed his gratitude to the assistant coaches and the second team, and to Professor Herbert S. White who secured for the team the services of D. C. Campbell '02.

Captain Parker said that he was more optimistic than Coach Crane. The spirit that the undergraduates have shown in their demonstration Monday evening and at this meeting gives the team great confidence because they know that the University is back of them. The men on Saturday will flight to the end and will put up a good, hard game.

Following these speeches, the team, the coaches, the substitutes and the second team were cheered, and all the new and most of the old songs were practiced. Of the new songs, "Harvard Spirit," "Victory Song," and "We're Harvard Men" were the best received.

After the meeting the men formed by classes in front of the Union and paraded through the Yard carrying red torches and cheering in front of each building. The procession then marched down Mt. Auburn street and back to the yard through the Square and ended in front of University Hall where every member of the team was cheered.

The final mass meeting of the year will be held tomorrow night in the Living Room of the Union at 7.30 o'clock. Coach Campbell is expected to speak.