CORNELL WON CROSS-COUNTRY

Harvard Finished Fifth.--Haskins of Pennsylvania Broke Record.

Cornell easily won the ninth annual intercollegiate cross-country run at Princeton Wednesday afternoon with a score of 39 points. Pennsylvania came second with 61 points, followed by Yale with 135, and Syracuse who scored 173 points. The University team finished fifth with 182 points, after which came Columbia who had 227, Massachusetts Institute of Technology with 228, and Princeton in last place with 231. As Princeton defeated Yale in a dual run a short time ago, their poor performance was very unexpected. Only the first six men on each team counted in the scoring.

G. Haskins of Pennsylvania won the individual championship beating J. P. Halstead of Cornell by fifty yards and breaking the record for the course. His time was 35 minutes, 9 1-5 seconds. G. H. Whitely of Princeton led until a quarter of a mile from the finish, when he weakened badly and finished in fourth place. The University team, who have been accustomed to running on roads and firm fields, were considerably handicapped by the soggy condition of the Princeton course. Dole won a splendid race and came in sixteenth, while Captain Crosby finished twenty-second.

Following is the order and the times of the first four men and of the Harvard entries: first, G. Haskins, Pennsylvania, 35m., 9 1-5s.; second, J. P. Halstead, Cornell, 35m., 21s.; third, J. V. Colpitts, Cornell, 35m., 22s.; fourth, G. H. Whitely, Princeton, 35m., 32s.; 16, R. E. Dole '10, 37m., 1s.; 22, M. S. Crosby '08, 37m., 37s.; 27, P. W. Carter '10, 38m., 1s.; 28, C. Lanier, Jr., '10, 38m., 28s.; 42, R. F. Hoyt '10, 38m., 57s.; 47, M. R. Whitney '09, 39m., 25s.; 52, E. L. Souder '10, 39m., 47s.; 56, P. Woodman '08, no time taken. Of the 68 men who started 64 finished.