HARVARD DEFEATED M. I. T.

In Gymnasium Last Night by Score of 36 to 15.--Good Individual Playing.

The University basketball team defeated Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the Gymnasium last night by a score of 36 to 15. With the exception of the first minute of play Harvard held the lead during the entire game, and was able to increase it steadily. At the end of the first half the score was 22 to 8.

The passing and team work of the University team was at times excellent, but was not sustained. Captain Burnham played a good defensive game and prevented his man from scoring. Brooks was fast on the offense and Amberg made several skilful shots. For Technology, Wentworth easily excelled, throwing four baskets from the floor, all that were scored by his team.

The summary:

Score--Harvard, 36; M. I. T., 15. Goals from floor--Amberg 6, Brooks 4, Broun 3, Allen, Downey, Wentworth 4. Fouls called--on Harvard, 12; on M. I. T., 9. Goals from fouls--Broun 6, Kinnear 7. Referee--W. H. Knox of Everett. Timekeeper--E. S. Alexander '08. Time--20-minute halves.

Freshmen Won from Technology Second.

Before the University game and between the halves the Freshmen played the Technology second team. The Freshmen had little difficulty in winning by a score of 49 to 10. Sheehan, Wallace, and White played a fast and aggressive game and made a number of accurate shots for baskets.

The summary:

Score--Harvard 1910, 49; M. I. T. Second, 10. Goals from floor--White 9, Sheehan 7, Wallace 6, Broun 2, Hargraves 2, Pettengill, Manson. Goals from fouls--Wallace, Hargraves 2. Referee--J. D. Clark '07. Timekeeper--E. S. Alexander '08. Time--20 and 15-minute periods. HARVARD.  M. I. T. Allen, Downey, Currie, l.f.  r.g., Nichols Broun, r.f.  l.g., Wentworth Amberg, Miles, c.  c., Pierce Burnham, l.g.  r.f., Gregory, Campbell Brooks, r.g.  l.f., Kinnear

HARVARD 1910.  M. I. T. SECOND. Sheehan, l.f.  r.g., Manson, Ruckman Wallace, r.f.  l.g., Merrill, Green Broun, c.  c., Foster Hoffstot, Binda, Brown, l.g.  r.f., Hargraves White, r.g.  l.f., Pettengill