HARVARD, 33; CORNELL, 13

University Basketball Team Decidedly Superior to Opponents-Clean Play.

ITHACA, N. Y., Feb. 22, 1907,-The University basketball team defeated Cornell here this evening, in the first game of the second round of the Intercollegiate series, by the score of 33 to 13. This is the second victory over Cornell, the first being won 30 to 11. The game was too one-sided to be interesting, but at times both teams showed dashes of excellent team work and speed.

The first half was rather close, the final score being 14 to 6 in favor of Harvard. Throughout the game the play was very open and clean, only seven fouls being called. Brown excelled for Harvard, throwing five baskets from the floor and one from a foul in the first half. Brooks also played a very strong and aggressive game, shooting four goals, but he was rather lax in covering his man. Simpson excelled for Cornell, throwing four goals and being very fast on the floor. On the whole, the University team showed a marked improvement over past games, and should make a better showing in the second round of the series. HARVARD  CORNELL Currie, Allen, l.f.  r.f., Burd Broun, Downey, r.f.  l.f., Avery a,berg, c.  c., Thompson Burnham, l.g.  r.g., Whiting, Hoschke Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Simpson

Score--Harvard, 33; Cornell, 13. Goals from floor-Broun 5, Brooks 4, Amberg 3, Allen 2, Currie 2, Simpson 4, Hoschke. Fouls called on Harvard, 3; on Cornell, 4. Goals from fouls-Broun, Burd 3. Referee-Stafford. Timekeeper-W. C. Chamberlain '08. Time-20-minute halves.

Game With Dartmouth Tonight.

The University basketball team will play Dartmouth at Hanover tonight at 8 o'clock. The chances favor the Dartmouth team, which is very strong this year, having defeated Yale 36 to 18, while Harvard was beaten 14 to 13. Dartmouth also defeated Brown 30 to 7, while Harvard lost 15 to 13. Grebenstein of Dartmouth is especially fast, and accurate at throwing baskets.

The probable line-up: HARVARD  DARTMOUTH Allen, l.f.  r.f., Grebenstein Broun, r.f.  l.f., Brady Amberg, c.  c., Lang Burnham, l.g.  r.g., Dingle Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Lane

Game With Dartmouth Tonight.