J. CRANE '90 FOOTBALL COACH

In Charge of Drop-Kickers Last Fall.--J. W. Farley '99 Advisory Coach.

Joshua Crane, Jr., '90 has been appointed head coach of the University football team for next season, subject to the approval of the Athletic Committee, which will meet next Wednesday. Last year Mr. Crane was one of the older advisers of Coach Reid and was on Soldiers Field every day, having charge of the routine work of the drop-kickers. Mr. Crane will have as his assistants several of the men who were identified with Coach Reid last fall. His advisory coach will be John W. Farley '99, coach of the University team in 1902, and Harvard's present representative on the intercollegiate football rules committee.

Mr. Crane, while at College, was actively engaged in athletics. Although he did not make the University team, he was a good all-round athlete. After leaving College he continued his interest in sports, and became proficient in golf, tennis and racquets. Although Mr. Crane's appointment by Captain Parker is for one year only, he is in a position to continue as permanent coach, if it is so decided next fall. Mr. Crane has made a thorough study of all the sports with which he has been identified and has been noted for his sound judgment. His close association with Coach Reid last year placed him in touch with the present football situation at Harvard.