Laboratory for Surgical Research

A Laboratory of Surgical Research has been established by the Division of Surgery at the Harvard Medical School. The laboratory is in Building E, room 309, adjacent to the Surgical Library, and the rooms assigned to the Professor of Surgery. The management of this laboratory will be for the present in the hands of the Professor of Surgery.

Opportunity to work in the laboratory on problems in surgical research may be secured by members of the teaching staff of the University and by other qualified persons registered as special students in the Medical School. Applications should be made in writing to Dr. J. C. Warren. They should state the nature and purpose of the work to be undertaken, and give an estimate of the expenses of the research and the time necessary for its completion. If an appropriation is desired to meet the expenses of the investigation, a request for such an appropriation should be made.

Results of research work performed in the laboratory shall not be published without the approval of the Division of Surgery, and, when published, they shall appear as "From the Laboratory of Surgical Research of Harvard University," and shall be available for publication in the "Bulletin of the Division o Surgery."

The laboratory will be open daily from 9 to 12, and from 2 to 5 o'clock, and at other hours if specifically arranged for Further information may be obtained by applying to Dr. J. C. Warren, 58 Beacon street, Boston.