CHINESE ENTERTAINMENT

In Living Room of Union at 8.--To Aid Chinese Famine Sufferers.

A benefit entertainment in aid of the Chinese famine sufferers will be given in the Living Room of the Union, this evening at 8 o'clock.

The entertainment will be opened by Dr. C. D. Tenney, of Cambridge, who has lived in China for over 20 years and is at present the representative of the Chinese department of education in this country. He will be followed by Rev. E. G. Tewkesbury '87, who will describe China and the life of its people by the aid of stereopticon views. Rev. Tewkesbury has taught in China for over 14 years, and has held a position as teacher in the North China College, near Pekin.

An original play in two short acts, entitled "A Chinese School," which has been written by one of the Chinese students, will then be given. The first act will present a typical class-room scene in a Chinese school. The conversation during this scene will be carried on in the Chinese languages. The second act will represent the recess hour. Music on native instruments with singing and a game of Chinese shuttle-cock will be introduced in this act, during which the dialogue will be given in English. The cast of characters will be as follows:

The teacher, T. C. Ma '09

Students, T. L. Chao '09, F. S. Chien '10, F. Chin, '09, C. T. Li '09, S. C. Li '09 C. H. Liu '09, J. H. Liu '09.

Janitor, S. M. Chung '09

In conclusion, P. H. Lo '09 will make a short speech explaining the situation in China.

The entertainment will be open to all members of the University whether or not members of the Union. No admission fee will be charged, but voluntary contributions for the sufferers of the Chinese famine will be received after the performance.