GAME AT EXETER TODAY

Baseball Team Should Win Easily.--Slater and Howe the Battery.

The University baseball team will play Phillips Exeter Academy at 3 o'clock this afternoon at Exeter. The batteries will be Slater and Howe for Harvard and Leddy and either White or Baines for Exeter.

Exeter has failed so far this season to play the kind of winning ball the school's teams are generally capable of. There are eight of last years' team in school, but as yet they have failed to get together as well as they should. Of the games played, Exeter defeated the University of Maine, 8 to 7, Norwich University, 13 to 1, and the Newburyport Athletic Club, 17 to 7. All the defeats have been shut-outs, Bates winning, 4 to 0, Mercersburg, 5 to 0, and Princeton, 14 to 0.

Currier will be given a rest today in preparation for the hard game with Princeton on Saturday. The rest of the team, with the exception of Slater, will be the same as the line-up against Cornell.

The batting order: HARVARD.  EXETER. Leonard, 3b.  r.f., Loftus Briggs, 1b.  1b., Vaughn McCall, 2b.  c., Leddy Dexter, l.f.  c.f., Cooney Simons, s.s.  l.f., Grattan Harvey, c.f.  3b., Connelley Dana, r.f.  2b., Orr Howe, c.  s.s., White Slater, p.  p., Baines or White