THE TRACK TEAM'S VICTORY

The thanks of the University are due to the track team for its victory over Yale on Saturday. And they are due not only to those members of the team who scored points in the meet, but to all the men whose hard work and good-natured rivalry made success possible. The victory was not brought about by the efforts of a few "stars," but by the combined effort of a well-balanced team. It was a fitting culmination of one of the most successful series of spring track meets we have had, and is especially gratifying because it was attained by gradual development and steady work.

In our track work this year, an enthusiastic captain and a tireless manager have developed a splendid feeling of spirited work and good fellowship. We trust that Saturday's victory will strengthen this spirit, and that the men will keep it up until the intercollegiate meet, which we are again fortunate in having on our own field. Although it is useless to attempt to predict the result of this meet, we feel confident that the team that won from Yale on Saturday can and will represent Harvard worthily.