Last Hard Crew Work Yesterday

The University crew had its last hard row yesterday in preparation for the race with Cornell. After padding downstream in easy stretches to Otter street, the men took a hard two-mile pull up-stream as for as the Magazine street beach. A fast stroke was maintained the whole distance and the regular 1 and 7-8 miles course was covered in 9 minutes and 45 seconds. The tide was very low and the water was coated with scum for a good part of the way. From Magazine street the eight rowed up-stream to the University boathouse in short stretches.

The boat went better than it has for several days past, but there is still considerable room for improvement. Fish alone showed signs of weariness at the end of the two miles, but several of the other men in the crew did not control their slides well. For several days past the crew has lost its unity and the men lately have not been rowing together as well as they ought.

The order: Stroke, Farley; 7, Richardson; 6, Bacon; 5, Severance; 4, Lunt; 3, Faulkner; 2, Fish; bow, Tappan; cox., Blagden.