MASS MEETING IN THE YARD

The outdoor mass meeting tonight is the first one held exclusively for the nine, and offers an opportunity for an enthusiastic demonstration, which should be taken advantage of by every member of the University now in Cambridge. Songs and cheers become noticeably ragged, when they are not frequently practiced, and this rehearsing should be before rather than during a big game.

In the game on Saturday the team showed itself capable of winning an uphill fight, and proved itself deserving of the University's confidence. With such bright prospects for a victory over Yale, the players need only to be impressed with the feeling that the whole University is behind them. We hope that this appeal will be unnecessary, and that the mere announcement of the mass meeting will be sufficient to bring everyone out, for forced and reluctant cheering will never inspire a team to play the best it knows how. We are confident that the meeting tonight will be the occasion of a spontaneous display of enthusiasm, which will culminate in two successive victories over Yale.