THE YARD CONCERTS

It is a matter for regret that the present year has passed without any effort on the part of the University Musical Clubs to keep up the old custom of giving Yard concerts. Evening music in the Yard has been one of the pleasant features of the spring term, and its absence this year has not passed unnoticed.

It may be objected that the concert to be given in Sanders Theatre as part of the program of Class Day week has been substituted and that Yard concerts would have detracted from the interest on this occasion. As far as the undergraduates are concerned a formal appearance in Sanders Theatre does not take the place of the open-air concerts, for the presence of the Glee and Mandolin clubs would have added a great deal to the informal singing that has been attempted this spring. Nor does it seem probable that the songs, no matter how well-known to the Harvard men, would have been without interest in Class Day week when Cambridge is filled with visitors. Another year the Yard concerts should not be allowed to die out.