BASEBALL WITH COLUMBIA

At 3 on Soldiers Field.--Columbia Erratic.--Brennan in the Box.

The baseball game against Columbia will be held on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock. Reserved seat tickets at $1 will be sold at Leavitt & Peirce's before the game and at the box office on the field. The general admission price is 50 cents.

Columbia's playing this spring has been decidedly erratic. They have lost the majority of their games, but occasionally have put up a fast steady game. Yale, Pennsylvania, and Brown have all beaten them badly; but in the recent game with Cornell, which had defeated them 10-3 in the first game, they pulled out in the last of the twelfth and won 4-3. None of their pitchers have proved effective against good teams, but they have rarely been properly supported.

Leonard is still obliged to keep out of the game on account of his weak tendon, and it is doubtful whether he will be able to play before the first Yale game, a week from Thursday. Brennan will pitch today and either Lee or Bradtke for Columbia.

The batting order:

Game With Brown Cancelled.

Word has been received from Brown that the game which was provisionally postponed from last Wednesday until next Thursday cannot be played. Brown has two hard games next week as it is, and in another game with Harvard has nothing to gain but much to lose. HARVARD.  COLUMBIA. McCall, 2b.  l.f., Shafer Briggs, 1b.  2b., Schmidt Currier, c.  1b., Miltenberger Dexter, l.f.  c., Young Simons, s.s.  r.f., Tonking Harvey, c.f.  s.s., Zimber Dana, r.f.  c.f., Elson Pritchett, 3b.  3b., Hayes Brennan, p.  p., Lee or Bradtke