FALL ROWING STARTS TODAY

Meeting Tonight to Elect Captains of Dormitory Eights.

This afternoon the University crew squad will begin fall rowing. The following men will report at the University boathouse promptly at 4 o'clock: J. W. Adams '10, E. C. Bacon, '10, G. G. Bacon '08, F. M. Blagden '09, A. G. Cable '09, r. Crandall '09, E. C. Cutler '09, J. W. Cutler '09, C. L. Despard, Jr., '08, R. Ellis '09, S. A. Fahnestock '08, H. w. Hyde '08, M. King '10, R. S. Lovering '08, L. K. Lunt '09, S. Marvin, Jr., '10 R. M. Mulligan '09, F. Rackemann '09, F. A. Reece '09, S. A. Sargent, Jr. '10, W. R. Severance '09, C. Tilton '08, T. Weide '10, E. Wentworth '09, and P. S. Wyman '10.

Dormitory Rowing

Dormitory rowing, which has been carried on with unlooked for success for the past two years, will also begin this week and the work of the candidates will be closely watched for promising material for the University and class crews next spring. Freshmen who are not playing football are especially needed as there will be no regular Freshman rowing this fall.

The unit of each crew will be the dormitory, when large enough to insure a satisfactory crew. In the case of the smaller dormitories and private houses, groups will be arranged from which sufficient material "may be secured. A sufficient number of crews will be formed to accommodate all who wish to row.

At the end of about three weeks of practice, bumping races will be held on the river above the University boat-house for three days. In these races the crews will start in the following order, in which they finished last year.

First Division--1, Claverly; 2, Randolph; 3, Westmorly; 4, Russell; 5, Craigie-Waverley; 6, Dunster-Dana-Drayton.

Second Division--1, First Holyoke; 2, Holworthy; 3, Thayer; 4, Hampden; 5, Perkins; 6, Weld; 7, Matthews.

Third Division--1, Hollis-Stoughton; 2, College House; 3, Foxcroft-Divinity; 4, Grays; 5, Brentford.

The Filley Cup, presented last year by B. A. G. Fuller '00, for the purpose of encouraging and perpetuating the secondary fall rowing, will be awarded to the dormitory crew finishing first in these bumping races. This cup was won last year by the Claverly crew.

After these races three graded crews from the Newell and the Weld boat clubs will be formed and will practice for about 10 days before they race in the basin. Only those men will be eligible for these six graded crews who have rowed on dormitory eights. The winners will be awarded their club insignia.

In order to organize these crews, meetings will be held at 7.30 o'clock this evening in the rooms of the various dormitories as designated below: Randolph--Breakfast Room; Weld--7; Matthews--17; Ridgely--Breakfast Room; Holyoke street-Little's, 14; Hapgood--2; Westmorly--136; Grays--45; Craigie and Waverley--Craigie 104; Perkins and Conant--Perkins Living Room; Thayer--25; Russell--15; Stoughton, Hollis and Holworthy--Holworthy 21; Dunster, Dana and Drayton--Dana 31; Claverly--20; Mt. Auburn street--52; Beck, Fairfax and Hampden--Beck 26. Other crews should leave word with H. W. Hyde '08, Russell 15.

The captains, who will elected tonight, should arrange tomorrow morning with Coach Stephenson, at the Newell boathouse, and Brown, who replaces Coach Vail, at the Weld boathouse, for hours at which their crews may report during the afternoon, and should put notices in the dormitories of these hours. The Craigie-Waverley, Grays, Holyoke street, Matthews, Randolph-Ridgely, Weld, and Westmorly crews will row from the Newell boathouse, and the others from the Weld