INTERCOLLEGIATE HOCKEY

In its first game of the intercollegiate series the University hockey team will play Columbia on the St. Nicholas Rink, New York, this evening at 8 o'clock.

Since the Christmas recess the University team has held practice only one day on the ice besides the two practice games. This lack of practice, which the team needs above all else, has greatly interfered with the development of consistent team play. The game with Technology last Thursday showed that the forwards were slow in starting, erratic in passing and shooting, and undeveloped in their team play. On the other hand, at times the team played well and showed that with more practice this year's team can be a strong one.

In the first game of the intercollegiate series last Saturday Columbia was defeated by Princeton by a score of 3 to 0. In spite of the fact that Columbia has been practicing regularly on the St. Nicholas Rink for over a month, the University team should win, although a close game is expected.

The line-up follows: HARVARD.  COLUMBIA. Pell, l.e.  r.e., J. Mackenzie Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Armstrong Leonard, r.c.  l.c., King Newhall, r.e.  l.e., G. Mackenzie Foster, c.p.  c.p., Jackson Willetts, p.  p., Dederer Carpenter, g.  g., Easton

As soon as the University team arrived in New York last evening it went to the St. Nicholas Rink and practiced for about an hour.