Basketball Practice Resumed

Practice for both the University and Freshman basketball teams was resumed last night. This afternoon the University squad will practice from 3 to 4 o'clock, and the Freshman squad from 4 to 5 o'clock.

Captain Broun was absent from practice last night, but will probably be back by Monday. His knee was injured in a practice game before the holidays, and is being treated in New York. His place at right forward last night was taken by Sheehan. The passing, on the whole, was poor, and the shooting for the baskets was extremely ragged. In the second half, however, various changes in the lineup resulted in a marked improvement, and the second team, which was made up of good players, scored but once on the first team. The men handled themselves and the ball better, and the passing was more accurate. In the shooting for baskets, however, the work was still poor. Brooks and Browne played the best game for the University team, while Allen played well for the second. The teams lined up as follows: UNIVERSITY.  SECOND. Currie, l.f.  r.f., Allen Sheehan, r.f.  l.f., Scribner Browne, c.  c., Deane Brooks, l.g.  r.g., Brown Almy, r.g.  l.g., Binda

The work of the Freshmen last night was very poor, the practice being characterized by rough individual playing. The progress of the team is retarded by lack of material, and by the failure of the men to report regularly for practice.