Opening of Varsity Club October 26

The plans promulgated a short while ago for the reorganization of the Varsity Club are now nearing completion. The work upon the club-house at 39 and 41 Holyoke street has been carried through, and the club will be formally opened on October 26, when the University football training table will be installed in the new quarters. On the ground floor there will be a large dining room, a lounging room, and a grill room for the exclusive use of coaches and graduates while upstairs bedrooms will be furnished to provide for visiting coaches or graduates.

It is proposed for the present to confine membership to men who in the past have represented the University in one of the four major sports, and in accordance with this idea circulars have been sent to about 1000 graduate "H" men urging them to enroll. The club is to be supported to a great extent by their subscriptions, as the annual fee for graduates of more than three years' standing is $10, while that for graduates of more recent standing and undergraduates is $5. J. W. Hallowell '01 is acting as treasurer of the club, while the circular is issued in the name of the executive committee, consisting of the following: F. H. Burr '09, E. P. Currier '09, W. M. Rand '09, W. R. Severance '09, E. J. Wendell '82, R. F. Herrick '90, W. C. Forbes '92, L. A. Frothingham '93, G. A. Fearing '93, W. F. Garcelon L.'95, R. D. Wrenn '95, and P. D. Haughton '99.