NO SCORE IN SCRIMMAGE

Forward Pass Generally Unsuccessful.--Crowley and R. Brown Show Up Well.

In the football practice yesterday, the second team which was strengthened by the presence of H. E. Kersburg '07 at left guard, was lined up against the University eleven for a fifteen-minute scrimmage in which the ball was kept near the middle of the field most of the time. The University team used the forward pass frequently but to little advantage and lost their one chance to score when the pass went over the second's goal line. Crowley and R. Brown both caught the forward passes well, the work of the latter being especially good. Cutler did not use very good judgment in directing his plays, but his dodging was excellent.

After the ball had changed hands several times during the scrimmage, R. Page punted to Cutler, who ran the kick back twenty yards to the middle of the field. From here the University team carried the ball to the twenty-yard line on line plunges and a twenty-yard run by R. Brown around right end. Then came Cutler's forward pass which fell over the second team's goal line.

Before the scrimmage there was tackling practice and the backs were drilled in punting. J. P. Long '11, a candidate for end, joined the second squad.

The line-up: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Crowley, R. Brown, r.e.  l.e., Rogers Robinson, r.t.  l.t., Coburn Dunlop, Philippbar, r.g.  l.g., Blodgett, Kersburg Nourse, Withington, c.  c., Perkins Burr, Dore, l.g.  r.g., McGuire McKay, l.t.,  r.t., Bush Harding, Manley, l.e.  r.e., Rodgers Cutler, q.b.  q.b., Johnson Smith, Gilbert, l.h.b.  l.h.b., Grosvenor Graydon, White, r.h.b.  r.h.b., R. Page Kennard, Gray, f.b.  f.b., Burrage, W. Page