FOOTBALL WITH ANNAPOLIS

Both Teams Untried and Hard Struggle Expected.--Gray at Fullback.

The University football team will play the United States Naval Academy at 2.30 o'clock this afternoon at Annapolis. Harvard's strength has not been fully tested in any game this year, while the Navy has had little difficulty in running up a large total score, in its preliminary contests. Last Saturday the Navy defeated Lehigh 16 to 0, and cancelled Wednesday's game with Maryland in order to practice for the contest today. In Northcroft she has a good kicker, as is shown by his goal from placement from the middle of the field in the Lehigh game.

The University team spent yesterday afternoon at the Baltimore Country Club, where they had a short signal practice in defence formations and the forward pass. Hoar will start the game today in spite of his injury, but Dunlap will probably take his place later in the game. Smith will be unable to play owing to an injury to his hip, and Gray will take his place at fullback.

The teams will line up as follows: HARVARD.  ANNAPOLIS. Browne, l.e.  r.e., Reisnyder McKay, l.t.  r.t., Leighton Burr, l.g.  r.g., Wright Nourse, c.  c., Slingluff Hoar, r.g.  l.g., Meyer Fish, r.t.  l.t., Northcroft Crowley, r.e.  l.e., King Cutler, q.b.  q.b., Lange White, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Jones Corbett, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Dalton Gray, f.b.  f.b., Richardson