SECRET PRACTICE CONTINUED

Short Scrimmage Yesterday.--University Team Given Drill on Offense.

The secret practice for the University football team yesterday afternoon was lighter than the work on previous days this week, and consisted of a short preliminary drill and a 20-minute scrimmage with the second team. No regular game was played, however, the second team being given the ball and then the University team taking it. Burr and Kennard tried kicking from formations against the second eleven, most of the kicks being blocked. Burr's kicking was from placement, and Kennard tried drop kicks. During the scrimmage the University team was weak on the offense, and twice Cutler's forward passes were blocked. The second time Burrage got the ball and was running down the field when he was called back. Ver Wiebe showed up well at fullback.

A short period of offensive work ended the practice. Coach Campbell instructed the backs and linemen in running down on punts, and the backs were drilled by Coaches Haughton and Daly. West, who has been laid up for some time with a wrenched shoulder, was out again yesterday.

The teams lined up in the scrimmage as follows: UNIVERSITY TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Cutting, l.e.  r.e., O'Flaherty McKay, l.t.  r.t., Oveson Burr, McGuire, l.g.  r.g., Philippbar, Easterbrook Nourse, c.  c., Dore Dunlap, r.g.  l.g., Blodgett Fish, r.t.  l.t., Beaman Crowley, r.e.  l.e., Long Cutler, q.b.  q.b., Crocker White, Long, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Marvin Corbett, Leslie, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Page Kennard, Ver Wiebe, f.b.  f.b., Burrage