ARCTIC REGION EXPLORATION

E. B. Baldwin Will Explain His Novel Project in Union Tomorrow.

Mr. E. B. Baldwin will give a talk on "The Baldwin-Ziegler Polar Expedition and Plans for Future Polar Research" in the Living Room of the Union tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock. He will outline, for the first time, his new theory for reaching the North Pole, which he hopes to employ in his next Arctic expedition. Vast ice-floes, starting from Behring Sea, have floated across the comparatively open water around the North Pole, into the region near Greenland. Mr. Baldwin intends to establish a camp of portable houses, with an adequate supply of fuel and provisions, on one of these ice floes and to drift with it, and in this way, he expects to reach the North Pole.

Mr. Baldwin is an experienced explorer, having accompanied Commodore Peary in his North Greenland expedition in the year 1893-94. In 1897, he travelled to Spitzbergen to join Andree's balloon expedition, but arrived a few days late. A year later he went with the Wellmann expedition to Franz-Josef Land as second-in-command. He was the first leader selected to head the Ziegler polar expedition in 1901-02. Mr. Baldwin has written several books on the results of his explorations.