THE FOOTBALL OUTLOOK.

When Burr was elected captain of the Football team a year ago the outlook before him was far from bright. Not only was there a demand for reorganization of the coaching, but an entirely new team had to be built up. Nevertheless he set about his task with determination and intelligence. He intended to have the best possible coaching for his team, and he got it; he intended to make no mistakes, and none were made. The results were emphatic.

Today the outlook is entirely different. Instead of dissatisfaction, there is unanimous approval of both the personnel and the methods of the coaching during the past season. Moreover a majority of the men who took part in the Yale game this year are left as a nucleus for next year's team. But even prospects as bright as these will be of no avail unless the same intelligence and determination that made this season a success are continued during the coming year.

The football team is to be congratulated upon the election of Captain Fish, for by his ability as a field captain he has already won the confidence of the University. He has an opportunity before him to continue the successes of this year, and there is every reason to expect that he will prove a worth successor to Captain Burr.