LECTURE ON JAPANESE WAR

By Major Lynch in Living Room of Union at 8.--For Members Only.

Major Charles Lynch '90 of the Medical Department, General Staff, United States Army, will give an illustrated lecture on "Personal Experiences during the Russo-Japanese War" in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock. The lecture will be open only to members of the Union.

Commissioned by the War Department as one of the military observers to accompany the Japanese forces in Manchuria during the recent war, Major Lynch has made a careful inspection of the Medical Department organization in Japan; his observations at Port Arthur and with the Eighth Division of the Second Army in the field being particularly valuable and instructive. He was present at the battle of Mukden and remained in that city for two months. After several more months at the front and on the lines of communication, he returned to Japan, where he engaged in further study of the Medical Department before starting back to Washington. His report of his experiences and observations, made in considerable detail and with many illustrations, has been published by the War Department.

While in this vicinity Major Lynch will give two lectures, tomorrow and the following day at the Medical School, on "The Medical Service of Armies as Illustrated by the Russo-Japanese War"; and on Friday he will address the Harvard Travellers' Club on the subject: "Manchuria during the Russo-Japanese War."