THE COSMOPOLITAN CLUB.

With the election of officers last evening the Cosmopolitan Club started on its interesting and useful career. It will fill a long-felt want. The average foreigner has been all too likely to become an outsider in everything but name, through no fault of his own and no fault of the other students. The foreigner, with different points of view, has not been encouraged to approach his American classmates, whose ideas and ideals he cannot altogether understand. The undergraduates on the other land have become absorbed in their own interests and overlooked the presence of those who have come so far to join the ranks of Harvard men.

In the Cosmopolitan Club there is now a common meeting place, where the members--now two-thirds foreign and one-third American--may, with mutual benefit, be put in touch with each other. At Cornell the Cosmopolitan Club has proved its usefulness and attained the popularity it deserves. We hope and fully expect that here, where the possibilities are so great, the society, although perhaps not much in the public eye, will grow steadily in usefulness, scope and power.