WATER MEET AT PROVIDENCE

University Swimming and Water Polo Teams Meet Brown at 8.

This evening at 8 o'clock the University swimming team will hold its first practice dual meet of the season with Brown at Providence. The program will include the following events: 50-yard dash, 100-yard dash, 220-yard swim, plunge for distance, diving, four-man relay race, and a water polo game. In scoring, first place in each of the first five events will count 5 points, second place 3, third place 1; and the relay race will count 8 points for the winner. The water polo contest, however, will be scored separately and will count as a separate game.

During the past week and for a few days previous to the mid-year period, the team was developed under the direction of Coaches A. McCormick and R. McCormick, and J. B. Green, of the Brookline Swimming Club, and is fairly strong in the swimming events. The water polo team has had very little chance to practice.

The following men will probably represent Harvard in the different events:

50-yard dash--T. G. Aspinwall '10, R. F. Hoyt '10.

100-yard dash--T. Lynes '10, M. C. Peirce '10.

220-yard swim--F. A. Estabrook '10, D. B. Hill '08.

Plunge--D. B. Hill '08.

Diving--D. B. Hill '08, H. R. Leonard '10.

Relay race--D. B. Hill '08, F. G. Aspinwall '10, H. B. Leonard '10, M. C. Peirce '10.

Water Polo--forwards, J. Curtiss '09, B. A. Merriam '09, H. B. Leonard '10; guards, F. I. Baker '09, M. C. Peirce '10, J. S. Reed '10; goal, C. W. Rice '10.