YALE WON AQUATIC MEET

At Brookline.--Score 33 to 20 in Swimming Events.--Water Polo 4 to 0.

Yale won the annual dual swimming meet and Water polo game, held last night at the Brookline Swimming Tank, by the score of 33 to 20 in the meet and 4 to 0 in the water polo. P. Withington '09 was the star performer, for he won all his events with ease and made 15 of the 20 points for his side. Although he did not equal his record of 59 seconds in the 100-yard race made in the interclass races, he swam the distance in 1 minute 2 3-5 seconds, thus beating the intercollegiate record of 1 minute, 3 seconds, held by Chambers of Princeton.

Both relay races were hotly contested, especially the 1911 race. In this, Cooper of the Harvard team led his man to the finish, but through a misunderstanding did not touch the mark. The closeness of the meet is shown by the fact that had Cooper won his race the score would have resulted in Harvard's favor, as 8 points were allowed for it.

E. L. Beaty of Yale won the plunge for distance, making 55 1-2 feet. Later, in an exhibition plunge he covered 65 feet, and in the same event A. M. McCormack of the Brookline Swimming Club equalled the American record of 70 feet.

The polo game was fast, though one-sided, as the Yale attack was hard and persistent enough to keep the ball in Harvard's territory most of the game.

The summary:

50-yard dash--Won by Withington (H.); second, Aspinwall (H.); third, Moses (Y.). Time--28 3-5s.

100-yard swim--Won by Withington (H.); second, Richards (Y.); third, Moses (Y.). Time--1m. 2 3-5s.

220-yard swim--Won by Withington (H.); second, Goodhue (Y.); third, Hyde (Y.). Time--3m. 3 1-5s.

Relay race--Won by Yale: Goodhue, Martin, Moses, Richards; second: Harvard: Mannheimer, Hoyt, Aspinwall, Withington. Time--2m. 12s.

Diving--Won by Peters (Y.); second, Hughes (Y.); third, Hill (H.).

Relay race--Harvard 1911 vs. Yale 1911--Won by Yale: Ortmeyer, Gordy, Winslow, Martin; second, Harvard: King, Whittier, Withington, Cooper. Time--2m. 20 1-5s.

Plunge for distance--Won by Beaty (Y.); second, Reid (Y.); third, Hill (H.). Distance 55 ft. 6 in.

Water polo: HARVARD.  YALE. Allen, Lewis, l.f.  r.f., Church, Gordy Merriam, c.  c., Needham Reed, r.f.  l.f., Beaty Baker, h.b.  h.b., Griflith, Richards Hyde, l.g.  r.g., Hyde Davis, Hooper, r.g.  l.g., Mann. Stevenson

Score--Yale, 4; Harvard, 0. Goals--Richards 2, Gordy, Stevenson. Referee--R. McCormick, Brookline.