Practice Game for Baseball Squad

A practice game of nine innings was held yesterday afternoon between two picked teams of the University baseball squad, and resulted in a victory of 13 to 7 for Team A, on which were most of the members of last year's University team. Several batteries were tried from the second string men, and worked fairly successfully, although there was considerable wildness at times, and seven bases on balls were given in all. Only the fielding candidates took part in the batting, which was by far the most creditable performance of the day. Of last year's team, Briggs, Simons, and Dana each secured two hits. Two hits apiece were also made by Keefe, Haydock, Paine, and Pounds, while Aronson secured three.

In the sixth inning the score was tied 5 to 5, but Team A soon forged ahead, aided by good batting rallies and by errors on the part of the opposing team. The fielding on the whole was good, but not remarkable.

H. McCall '09 appeared on the field in his baseball clothes for the first time this season, but is naturally much out of practice.

The teams lined up as follows: TEAM A.  TEAM B. Briggs, 1b.  1b., Hall, Hamlerr Aronson, 2b.  2b., Keefe Leonard, 3b.  3b., Haydock Simons, s.s.  s.s., Rowley Waters, l.f.  l.f., Ware, Dana Harvey, c.f.  c.f., Paine Pond, r.f.  r.f., Dana, Pounds Jordan, Cate, c. c., Sweetser, Blanchard, Evarts.  W, Ohler, Kelly Everts, H. Ohler.  Boyer, P. P., Minot, Bush, Beebe