PLANS FOR LACROSSE SEASON

Outlined at Meeting in Union Last Night.-List of Candidates.

A meeting of candidates for the University and Freshman lacrosse teams was held last night in the Trophy Room of the Union.

L. D. Cox '08, manager of the University team, outlined the season's plans. Practice will begin as soon as the hand-ball courts are clear of snow and will continue daily at 4 o'clock in two squads: the first containing experienced players and the second the new candidates, both for the Freshman and University teams. The class games will be held as soon as Soldiers Field is available for play. The second team will be more carefully organized than in previous years and will play several outside games. In the Easter vacation the University team will go on a southern trip on which they will play five games. After the series of league games, a game may be played with the University of Toronto, the Canadian champion for three years. The team is to be coached by a former member of the Montreal team.

Captain B. M. Vance '08, A. W. Rice 3L., and R. E. Daniels 3L., spoke of the good prospects for the year, and urged the men to work steadily and conscientiously and do their part toward turning out a good team.

The following new men handed in their names as candidates: attack-F. C. Alexander '10, H. S. Barker '10, E. B. Farwell '10, L. deB. Moore '11, P. L. Muller '08, R. P. Smith '10, S. Smith '09, R. W. Smyth '09, F. C. Stevens, Jr., '11, E. R. Squibb '11, G. S. Squibb '11, B. C. Voshell '11, C. C. Wemple '11; defence-A. H. Cochrane '10, H. R. Eisner '09, J. L. Eisner '11, S. W. Moulton '10, F. L. Radford '10, R. N. Shaw '10, W. H. Thompson '09. The members of last year's team who are still available are: D. L. Cobb '09, H. H. Cochrane '09, L. D. Cox '08, E. S. Currie '09, P. B. Francis '08, C. L. Furber '08, H. E. Porter '09, S. H. Sheip '09, and B. M. Vance '08.