"THE TITLE SEEKERS" TONIGHT

Performance of Pi Eta Play in Club Theatre at 8.--Plot and Cast.

The Pi Eta Society will give the first public Cambridge performance of its annual play "The Title Seekers," by R. D. Murphy '08 and R. J. de Golyer '08, in the club theatre this evening at 8 o'clock. A performance will be given at Players' Hall, West Newton, tomorrow, and on Friday the final performance will be given in the Pi Eta Theatre. Tickets for the Cambridge performances may be had at the University Bookstore. Tickets for both the Newton and Cambridge performances may be obtained at the Pi Eta Club, 1 Winthrop square, Cambridge, at the door of the hall, or by application to C. E. Nichols '07, Weld 28. The price of tickets is $1.50.

The play opens at a hotel in Switzerland with the arrival of a party of Americans consisting of the wealthy Mr. Grumble, his spinster sister, Maria, his daughter Marjorie, and their maid, Arethusa. Mr. Grumble has brought his daughter to Switzerland to break off her engagement with Philip Hathaway, a young Englishman who has been going through college in America. Grumble is very eager to secure a titled son-in-law and is now on the search for one.

Philip, with his friends, Billie Burt and Bertie Bill, disguised as troubadours, have followed Marjorie. By means of his disguise Phil is able to fool Maria, but he is recognized by Grumble before long. The act closes when Grumble declares that he will take his family away and commands Phil never to appear before him again.

The second act opens in a garden restaurant in Paris where Grumble has arranged to meet a young Frenchman, the Count de Castleless, with a possible view to arranging a match between the latter and Marjorie. Phil happens to drop into the place and learns from Marjorie of the proposed match. He rushes out without delay and shortly returns disguised as the count. Grumble is completely fooled and leaves Marjorie alone, but returns later and finds Phil with his raise moustache removed. Phil is recognized and his chances seem to be small until a cablegram is brought in feeling of the death of an uncle who was an English duke. In the absence of nearer relatives, Phil gets the title and Grumble welcomes him with open arms as a son-in-law.

The cast is as follows: Mr. Grumble,  L. W. Hill '10 Maria Grumble,  L. M. Potter '08 Marjorie Grumble,  R. D. Murphy '08 Philip Hathaway,  G. L. Yocum '07 Billie Burt,  P. P. Marion '08 Bertie Bill,  H. G. Tomlin '09 Terr Weider,  W. K. Bradbury '10 Berr Weider,  H. L. Murphy '08 Arethusa Johnson,  H. H. Hemingway '08