Features of Pi Eta Performance

The first public Cambridge performance of the musical comedy, "The Title Seekers," was given by the Pi Eta Society last night in the club theatre in Winthrop Square.

The play, R. D. Murphy '08, who took the leading part, is well up to the standard of former Pi Eta productions. The singing and acting are above the usual amateur level, while the dancing in some instances reaches professional excellence. The music by R. J. de Golyer '08 is original, varied and catchy. In the musical parts H. L. Murphy '08 and R. D. Murphy '08, the two tenors of the University quartet, repeated the success which they scored last year in "The Financier." Their duet "Springtime" was charmingly rendered as was "The Elfins," a solo by the former. L. M. Potter '08, the star actor of the evening, was irresistibly droll in his rendering of Maria Grumble, a ubiquitous spinster, and his burlesque, "I Just Can't Make my Face Behave," is the song hit of the show. The pony ballet always a feature of these plays, included many graceful and difficult dances. G. L. Yocum '07, the hero, with P. P. Marion '08 and H. G. Tomlin '09 as his chums, disguised as troubadours, made a diverting trio and added life to the scene no less by their acting than by their gay costumes.

This evening at 8 o'clock the play will be given in Players Hall, West Newton, and on Friday the final performance will be held in the Pi Eta Theatre.