PRACTICAL JOURNALISM

Norman Hapgood, Editor of "Collier's Weekly" to Lecture in Union at 8.

Mr. Norman Hapgood '90, the editor of the auspicious of the CRIMSON in the Living Room of the Union at 8 o'clock this evening on "Opportunities in Journalism."

This is the first of several lectures the CRIMSON hopes to be able to arrange each year on various aspects of newspaper and magazine work by prominent journalists. The address tonight the position and influence of our newspapers and magazines and about the opportunities they offer to college men, from one of the most earnest and progressive editors in New York.

Mr. Hapgood is one of the younger Harvard men who have achieved success in journalistic work. While an undergraduate he was editor-in-chief of the Harvard Monthly. After graduating from the College and Law School, he became dramatic and literary critic for the "New York Commercial Advertiser" and for the "Bookman," and has been actively engaged in newspaper and magazine work since then. In 1903, he assumed the editorship of "Collier's Weekly," and under his guidance that paper has become one of the most widely read and most influential of the popular periodicals.

The lecture will be open only to members of the Union. After the lecture there will be a private reception to Mr. Hapgood in the CRIMSON Sanctum.