Wells Cup Won by deSelding '10

The final heat of the 440-yard handicap competition for the Wells cup yesterday afternoon, was won by F. M. deSelding '10, with a handicap of 2 yards, in 51 1-5 seconds. H. Guild '10, 15 yards handicap, was a close second, and K. B. Day '11 was third with 30 yards handicap. The rest of the men who finished were well bunched together and not far behind the winners. Guild was about a yard behind deSelding and not more than two feet ahead of Day. Captain L. P. Dodge '08 did the first 220 yards in 22 3-5 seconds from scratch, and when he reached the bend in the Stadium was in the lead, but was unable to keep up his pace to the finish. DeSelding used good judgment and stayed in the rear until passing the bend, when he spurted and overtook all the others. H. Watson '10 was not in good condition and dropped out early in the race.

R. E. Somers '08 won the handicap high jump contest, held in the Stadium yesterday afternoon, with an actual jump of 5 feet, 7 1-2 inches. G. E. Roosevelt '09 was second with an actual jump of 5 feet, 8 1-2 inches, and R. P. Pope '10 third with 5 feet, 7 1-2 inches.