A BIG ATHLETIC DAY.

Another big athletic day has arrived; a day without the concentration of interest that goes with the eventful football Saturday, but of equal importance because of the number of contests and the number of Harvard athletes who are taking part. A dual meet with Yale, in which a victory will mean permanent possession of the nine-year cup, in itself has created unprecedented enthusiasm, not only because of the trophy at stake, but because of the conflict of authorities in picking the probable winner. In addition the Harvard nine meets its Princeton rivals in the first of the championship games. Our record is not an encouraging one, but the team has shown its mettle in the past and we know it is capable of playing winning ball until the last man is out.

Meanwhile the Freshmen are competing in track with the freshmen at New Haven, and the 1911 baseball team is matched against Brown '11. On the basin the class crews are fighting out the championship, and the single oarsmen are racing for the Carroll Cup.

Here's success to all our representatives! May the best teams win, and may Harvard prove herself the best.