CREWS PLACED AT HENLEY

Freshmen Got a First and Tied for a Second Place.--Four-Oar Got Second.

The Freshman eight and the University coxless four-oared crews, which represented the University at the American Henley regatta at Philadelphia on Saturday afternoon, both won places. The Freshmen won the race for second eight-oared shells for the New England cup and tied for second place in the junior collegiate eight-oared race, while the University four-oared crew was second in the race for first four-oared shells.

In the first race the Freshmen won from the University of Pennsylvania freshmen in 6 minutes, 35 seconds, with the West Philadelphia Boat Club third. In the junior collegiate eight-oared race all three contestants lowered the record for the course of one mile and 550 yards made by Cornell in 1905. The Yale second crew won by a length in 6 minutes, 27 seconds, 7 seconds under the record. Second place was a tie between the University Freshmen and the Pennsylvania freshmen, who rowed in 6 minutes, 28 3-5 seconds.

The race for first four-oared shells was won by the Bachelor's Barge Club of Philadelphia in 7 minutes, 7 3-5 seconds, with Harvard second.

The Harvard crews rowed in the following order:

1911--Stroke, Cutler; 7, Hooper; 6, Eaton; 5, Withington; 4, Waite; 3, Whiney; 2, Forster; bow, Shiollito; cox., Fales.

University four--Stroke, Morgan; 3, Fahnestock; 2, Cutler; bow, G. Bacon.