GAME WITH WILLIAMS AT 4

Same Batting Order as Last Saturday.--Hartford or Slater to Pitch.

The University baseball team will play the Williams nine on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock. Harvard's batting order will be the same as on Saturday except that either Hartford or Slater will pitch. Hartford has been suffering from a sore arm recently which prevents his using much speed.

The slump of the past week was perhaps caused by too many games being played, and to Captain Leonard's absence from the team. It was expected that he would be able to play today, but it was thought better not to take chances, and therefore save him for the Cornell game on Saturday. His batting and steady fielding should materially strengthen the team. A marked improvement must be shown in batting especially, if the team is going to win games, and the tendency to go to pieces at times in the field must be eliminated.

Harvard defeated Williams last year in a grand tenth-inning rally by the score of 3 to 2. This year's team contains six of last year's players, of whom Templeton has been moved from the outfield to the box, to take Ford's place. Three games have been won this year, one from Brown 4 to 2 in twelve innings, one from Vermont 8 to 2, and another from Amherst 6 to 4. Defeats have been registered by West Point 4 to 3, and by Holy Cross 8 to 3. Williams almost always plays a good game against Harvard.

The batting orders: HARVARD.  WILLIAMS. McCall, 2b.  2b., Wadsworth. Briggs, 1b.  3b., Mills. Lanigan, l.f.  1b., Harmon. Harvey, 3b.  r.f., Osterhout. Simons, s.s.  l.f., Kelley. Currier, c.  s.s., Young. Kemble, c.f.  c.f., Hamilton. Dana, r.f.  c., Lambie. Hartford or Slater, p.  p., Templeton.