GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS.

The attention of undergraduates, and especially of members of the Senior Class, is called to the announcement in another column about the Graduate School of Business Administration which is to be opened at Harvard next autumn. This announcement is of general interest because it recognizes modern business as a profession that can make good use of both liberal education and thorough technical education. It is of special interest to those who are about to graduate from Harvard College and who find themselves in one of the three following categories: First, those who have thought of going straight into business, and who may well-consider that the University can now give them, in a thorough manner, the information which they would otherwise have to acquire much more slowly and less adequately in a business office; secondly, those who have contemplated studying law as a method of preparing for business; and thirdly, those who, although impelled by family traditions or personal tastes toward professional training of some kind, may now be led to consider for the first time what the business professions can offer as a career for liberally educated men in competition with the established professions of theology, law, medicine, and applied science. This recognition of the dignity of modern business as a profession for university-trained men should be given careful consideration by every undergraduate who is at present undecided as to his life.